Friday, October 16, 2009

Medical Update

Things are starting to improve, medically speaking. I'm no longer anemic. Barely. If I lose blood, say from cutting myself cooking or getting a scrape on my knee, I will be right back to being anemic. My Hemoglobin is 12.2, normal being between 11.5 t0 15.9. My Hematocrit is 36.3, normal 34.0 to 44.0. My September Hemoglobin was 8.0 and the Hematocrit was 25.3. July's and August numbers were even lower.
My iron saturation is still low, its at 11%, normal is 15-55%. My doctor explained that may because I was so low on iron for so long that my body was creating new places to store iron. So I have iron, its just not where it needs to be.
It's kind of too bad that I'm back to normal right before Halloween. I was going to use the anemic look to my advantage. Some bright red lipstick, black finger nail polish, some studded jewelry and I could have pulled off the vampire/ goth look really well. I was already paste white.

No comments: