Monday, December 8, 2008

Movie Review- Twilight

The gang before the movie. We went to the Ha' Penny for dinner.


My friend Kellie getting ready to face the pubescent hoards before the movie

My niece's friend Arial and my little nieces Aubrey and Amanda

I went to Twilight twice the week it opened. The first time I went with girlfriends from work on opening night. The second time I took my nieces and one of their friends. Opening night was a zoo, but lots of fun. The audience was really into the movie, actually applauding as characters came on screen.
I was a little disappointed by the movie. It felt "small-budget;" the special effects were poor and detracted from the story. I wish that they had spent a little more time developing the characters' stories rather than having Bella and Edward spent so much time looking into each others eyes. It just got silly at times. I think for fans of the books, though, the movie is good enough. It includes some of the best scenes from the book. I think that fans will have to go at least twice. Once to compare it to the book, and once to just enjoy the movie. If, however, you haven’t read the book, skip this movie.
I hear that the plan to turn all the books into movies. I hope that they spend a little more on the special effects and fleshing out the supporting characters that make the books so much fun.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/
.

No comments: