Monday, December 8, 2008

Service Learning

Well, the semester is winding down. I have a final next week and I’m busy cleaning up my English essays. My English class required us to do community service. I have real mixed feelings about the whole thing. There are a lot of needs out there and exposing the public to what the community needs is a great thing. However, if people are required to do service for a grade, it’s hard to have the right attitude about the public service. I know I struggled with having a positive attitude. I also felt like I maybe choose the wrong agency to volunteer with. I just felt like my volunteering really didn’t help anyone. I think if I need to volunteer again I will choose one agency to do all my service with, at least I would feel like I made a difference in someone's life, instead of going to random events.

No comments: